I am an elementary school librarian in an urban setting in Massachusetts. Through the work of creating a more representative and inclusive library collection for my students, I learned a lot about the politics of the publishing industry, the accepted institutional racism and purposeful exclusion of communities in books and that we should be outraged at the continued disenfranchisement of our children.
Follow me on Twitter: @reflectlibrary

Thursday, May 1, 2014

#WeNeedDiverseBooks

It's 1:30 on Thursday- where's your hashtag? #WeNeedDiverseBooks
Tweet away!
Follow the reflective library on Twitter: @reflectlibrary
This is me in my library- the quote is by a wonderful co-worker. It really boils down the issue, "We need diverse books because we still need to talk about why we need diverse books." BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment